Theravine Peels and what to expect
In this post, we’re going to have a look at Theravine Peels and what to expect. The Theravine professional peeling system consists of 4 various peels, all at different strengths which is a professional grade step – up peel system. This peel system contains: Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid and Tartaric Acid. This peeling system purely works on the superficial layers of the skin, which means that these treatments are non – ablative.
How it works
This professional peeling system has different stages. We will ALWAYS start at stage 1 to ensure a safe and effective treatment plan, and that the skin has an efficient amount of time to adapt between treatments.
In order for us to recommend the most effective and safe treatment, as well as homecare regime, we need to establish your concerns and expectations as well as the internal and external factors that are causing the current skin concerns.
Benefits of the Theravine Peel
- ensures skin adaption
- uses lactic, glycolic, Tartaric acids at safe pH concentrations which allows for safe and effective treatments for all skin types and conditions.
- lightens and brightens hyperpigmentation
- Reduces acne scarring
- Softens fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces appearance of enlarged pores
What to expect during treatment
As each skin type will react differently to the treatment, the below will vary from person to person. Please note if none of the below occurred, that does not mean that your treatment was ineffective.
- Some stinging, burning, tingling may occur during your treatment
- some erythema may occur during and after your treatment
What to expect after treatment:
- Skin may appear sunburned or pink for up to 24 hours after treatment.
- Skin may feel tight, peel, or flake for up to 14 days after treatment.
- Skin may breakout or may darken in colour for up to 14 days after treatment.
Homecare Advice usually varies from person to person, however, there is a standard homecare and aftercare routine for this treatment that your therapist will discuss with you after your treatment.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA’s)
Now that we know what to expect during and after a peel, here’s a little insight on the skin science and chemistry of Theravines peeling system.
What are AHA’s? Alpha Hydroxy acids are a group of natural acids of which are found in plants or fruit. AHA’s are very well known for their exfoliating properties which are used to effectively treat a variety of skin conditions and concerns, such as:
- Softening fine lines and wrinkles
- Improving the appearance of mild scars
- Reduces the appearance of sun damage
- Reduces age spots, freckles, melasma (dark patches) caused by pregnancy or birth control pills
- Improves the skin as a whole in terms of evening out the skin’s colour and texture.
3 main types of AHA are:
- Glycolic Acid: Derived from sugar cane, this AHA is perfect for your blackhead type of acne and sun damaged skins. It is also hydrating and boosts collagen production.
- Lactic Acid: Derived from milk, lactic acid is suitable for your sensitive and younger skin types. Its molecular structure is larger than the other AHA’s which means less irritation.
- Tartaric Acid: Derived from grapes and has brilliant anti – oxidant properties.
Theravine has incorporated activated charcoal into their peeling system. Activated Charcoal is extracted in a sustainable manner from Oak Trees, known for its medicinal and superior absorbent properties. Activated Charcoal purifies, deep cleanses, and detoxes the skin while soothing and healing at the same time. This ingredient absorbs impurities and excess oil from the skin, it has a drawing effect, draws out bacteria, pollution, oil, and leaves the skin with a clearer completion. The Activated Charcoal comes in at stage 3 and stage 4 of the Peeling System:
- Charcoal Glycolic Acid Peel 20% (stage 3)
- Charcoal Glycolic Acid Peel 30% (stage 4)
Your main active ingredients in stages 3 and 4 of our professional peeling system is Glycolic acid which is ideal for your sun damaged skins as well as to stimulate collagen production, number 2 is Activated Charcoal as we now know draws out impurities and pollution, deep cleanses and purifies the skin.
The SUPPORT ingredient is Tartaric acid which refines the skin’s texture, and antioxidant. The Charcoal Glycolic Acid peels are suitable for your mature skin types and for the skins that are used to peels. Wrinkles, pigmentation, and dull, dehydrated skin.
☆This peel is the best choice for oily and black head prone skin types with uneven skin texture and complexion.
This product brings great benefits to the skin because it penetrates the skin easily, boosts collagen production, it’s hydrating, has brightening and lightening effects, and refines the texture of blackhead acne prone skin. With the Theravine Professional Peeling System, we will work on achieving your desired results and getting rid of your skin concerns.